Accurate DNA and Drug Testing in Petaluma, Sonoma County is committed to discouraging the use of drugs in the workplace. By simply implementing drug testing, drug usage can be dramatically reduced in every workplace.
We are certified to conduct:
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical Examinations
- Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT)
- Drug Specimen Collection
These occupational drug testing services comply with DOT and FAA regulations and include:
- Corporate Pre-Employment Drug Testing
- Corporate Random Drug Testing
- Worker and Supervisor Education
Benefits of Drug/Alcohol Testing Programs
- Reduced risk of work-related injury, resulting in lower workers' compensation costs
- Reduced lost time
- Increased productivity
- Increased employee job satisfaction
- Lower employee turnover resulting in lower training costs
When Should You Test?
Situations in which drug testing in Petaluma, Sonoma County may be appropriate are:
Pre-Employment - Decreases the chance of hiring someone that is currently using drugs.
Annual Physical - Identifies current users so that they may receive assistance.
Reasonable Suspicion - Test employees that show obvious signs of being unfit for duty.
Random Testing - Unpredictable and random testing is commonly used in safety and security sensitive positions. By using random testing, companies discourage use and abuse.
Post Accident Testing - After hours services available to provide post accident tests per DOT regulations.
Government studies reveal that one in ten adults admitted using illicit drugs once in the past month. This number represents more than 8.5 million individuals in the work place.
The Startling Statistics
- Over 10 million employed people are current users of illicit drugs.
- Marijuana and cocaine are the most commonly used illicit drugs.
- Drug and alcohol abuse affects all types of employees, from laborers to professionals.
- Increased theft of company property has been attributed to employees stealing to support their habits.
- 47% of industrial injuries are substance related.
- Drug and alcohol abusers have 8.3 times greater absences, 5 times greater compensation costs, and 3 times greater medical and benefit costs.
- Drug abusers cost companies 300% more in medical costs and benefits.
- Drug abusers are absent up to 16 times more often and are 1/3 less productive.
Survey of Drug Abusers Themselves
- 44% admitted selling drugs to coworkers
- 18% admitted stealing from employers
Are you D.O.T. compliant?
CFR 49 Part 40 of the Federal Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) guidelines underwent several significant changes. Let us help you stay DOT compliant and avoid having to pay those hefty DOT fines. Our screening technicians are DOT certified as well as certified BAT's (Breath & Alcohol Technicians).